A little while ago, Chaz over on Life of Chaz nominated me for The Liebster Award! *Mouth agape – shocked face*
I am so surprised and honored to be nominated for such a lovely little award! Here I am, over here in my little obsessive, bookish world, writing and posting content to my heart’s content, not expecting anything more than to be able to share my bookish thoughts with others, and he thought it worthy of recognition. How kind!
What is the Liebster Award you ask?
The Liebster Award is an award that exists only on the internet and is given to bloggers by other bloggers. The earliest case of the award goes as far back as 2011. Liebster in German means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.
Check out the rules here – 2018 LIEBSTER AWARD
Here are the 10 questions Chaz has asked me to answer…which took me way longer to find answers to than I care to admit…:
- You have to team up with one villain to try to conquer the world – Who are you going to choose as your partner? Geez, this question was a lot harder than I anticipated it to be…my morals are making this hard…but I guess if I’m out to conquer the world then wtf do morals mean to me anyway? In which case, I’m going with Magneto….and if we’re going that far, then I also want Wolverin’s powers and abilities. K, thaaaanks.
- What do you think sets your blog aside from other ones that you’ve seen – What’s that special quality that your blog has? I kinda feel funny about answering this one, because I view my blog as entertainment for myself mostly. Don’t get me wrong, I love that I have people who are interested in my thoughts about what I read, but I never expected to really stand out. If I had to pick one thing, then I think it might be honest, personalty filled reviews/posts. …but I feel like that’s what most of us are doing anyway, so maybe that’s not a good answer to this question.
- What is your favorite reading place and why?
Really, anywhere, but if I can have my druthers it would anywhere there is a ton of pillows I can move, mold, and rearrange to suit whatever position feels most comfortable. I tend to move around a lot when read for big blocks of time. Tons of pillows make it easy to get comfortable in whatever position I choose.
- Which fictional character do you identify yourself with the most? Arya Stark. Seemingly unprepared but capable of learning anything, eager, intelligent, a bit of an outcast in the world of girls, scrappy, determined, and unafraid to do whatever is necessary to survive.
- What is your favorite ending to a book/movie/tv show?
Hmm, I’m finding this one touch to answer too. I think I’ll go with two here, The Count of Monte Cristo and Harry Potter.
- What is a goal that you are looking to accomplish in 2018? I hope to read 50 or more books this year, complete two reading challenges, and whittle down my TBR pile all while being scrupulous about not overspending on books this year. I’m one month down and right on track. Woot woot!
- Is there a cliche or trope in any form of entertainment that you just hate? I’ve got a few….but I’ll just give you one or two. Horror movie…..uuumm well horror movies in general, really. But specifically, when the victims choose to run in the entirely wrong direction, like a dark and looming forest over the running car not 15 yards away or a house/building with a way to get help….*deep eye roll* Also, when the victims decide to investigate without 1) taking a legitimate weapon with them or 2) thinking that maybe they should call for help first…. Horror movies are just so contrary to normal, survival-instinct-possessing human responses. *face palm*
- What is your favorite song/band? Favorite song of all time: Panic Prone….maybe not so coincidentally by my favorite band: Chevelle
- How do you decide what is going to be the next read? It’s a feeling. I’m a little flighty when it comes to adhering to a strict reading schedule, so I just read whatever sounds the best at the time….which is also why I read multiple books at one time. *sheepish grin*
- How have you changed since starting a blog? Hmmm, you know, I’m not 100% sure. I guess you could say that I’ve changed in that as I am reading, I am consciously thinking about the details I want to share with someone who might read my future review of that very book. I think I’ve also changed in that I actually try to let my personality show through in my blog posts, whereas before I was more robotic and analytical about reviews. I also feel a great sense of relief in putting my thoughts down and in the world, instead of just keeping them in my head. I read a lot and I’m likely to forget some things about books I read years ago. Posting a blog post about a book I just finished has been a nice way to keep those thoughts available for later reflection.
Now on to my nominations for The Liebster Award.
- Elissa @ Elissa Reads
- Dani @ Touch My Spine Books Reviews
- Jessica @ Mrs. Robinson’s Library
- Julie @ Julie’s Bookshelf
- Shanah @ Bionic Book Worm
- Savannah @ The Book Prophet
- Kayla @ Kayla Finstein
- Dee @ Dee’s Rad Reads and Reviews
- Bentley @ Book Bastion
- Sarah @ The Critiquing Chemist
Everyone I listed above is definitely worthy of recognition. Some have been blogging for a long time, others just started. But what they all have in common: I love their site/posts. They all work hard at crafting their own space in the online world and it shows.
Now on to my own questions.
- What is your all-time favorite plot twist?
- What would you name a boat if you owned one? (If you already have one, then just share what you named it, I guess. Or the name you’d change it to if you had to share the naming decision with someone else.)
- What was your gateway book? – Meaning, which book did you pick up/read/listen to that got you hooked on reading (a play on the phrase “gateway drug” if you will)?
- In your opinion, what quote or phrase do you think is total BS (and why of course)?
- What do you enjoy most about blogging?
- If you were going on an adventure into an unknown dimension, which four fictional characters would you bring with you?
- What is your favorite place that you have traveled to?
- If you could be the best at one thing, what would that be?
- Which movie or book figuratively scared the pants off of you as a child?
- If you could have a “Freaky Friday” body exchange with any writer, for one day, who would you choose?
Phew. *wipes back of hand across forehead* Trying to come up with ten reasonably unique/creative questions was tiresome. I hope I didn’t disappoint. I look forward to seeing the responses. And again, thank you all for the support!